Tuesday, September 29, 2009

That's My World - City Art part II

I am really happy to be back after such a long absence. Back on July 21 I did part I of the art around my hometown and today I am back with part II:)

This dolphin fountain is exactly the same as one in Santa Barbara, Ca. It is a "Sister City" thing! LOL! The fountain is located at one end of the boardwalk, across the street from the main square (Plaza).

I call this statue "The Pleading Angel" it is also on the boardwalk and it is newer than the dolphin fountain.

The Mexican Dancers are incredible! The detailing is amazing! They are performing a typical Mexican song called "Guadalajara" and they "dance" 24/7!

To visit other participants and view their great photos, visit http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/

I plan on returning next week with more photos of art, I hope you do too! Thank you for stopping by ~

8 comments:

  1. The first photo is very reminiscent of what we have here at the Aquarium in Long Beach. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely statues. i would definitely love to explore more of the place. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful collection of statues. The dancers is most unusual. The Angel does have a pleading body language and I like dolphins very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this art! By the water makes it even better.

    I'm sorry if I missed it, but I could not find a link to the My World site. Please be so kind to link back to the My World site when you link from it.

    Thanks so much for sharing t his beautiful art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful statues - so full of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tour. You have an interesting blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Photo's... Love the Pleading angel shot... its beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

I thank you in advance for your comments, they make my day!