Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday 5 - The Bard

In honor of William Shakespeare’s birthday, here are this week’s questions!


1.In A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Lysander says, “Ay me! for aught that I could ever read, Could ever hear by tale or history, The course of true love never did run smooth…”
How has this proven (or not proven) to be the case in your life? YES, I THINK IN ALL AREAS OF OUR LIVES THERE ARE UPs AND DOWNs AND LOVE IS NO EXCEPTION TO THAT RULE :)

2.In Hamlet, the title character says, “Frailty, thy name is woman!” Who in your life has proven this not to be true? MY MOTHER And if you’re willing to share, who in your life has proven this to be completely true? ONE OF MY SISTERS

3.In The Merry Wives of Windsor, Pistol says, “Why then the world’s mine oyster,
Which I with sword will open.”
Ignoring the possible sexual meaning here, how do you feel about oysters? I LOVE THEM! PARTICULARLY RAW - when there is no risk of salmonella! :)

4.In The Merchant of Venice, Lorenzo says, “The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not mov’d with concord of sweet sounds, Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.”
Do you agree, and have you known anyone who seemed to be completely unmoved by any kind of music? YES, I AGREE. AND YES, I HAVE COME ACROSS MY SHARE OF NEGATIVE UNHAPPY PEOPLE WHO CANNOT GRASP THE JOY MUSIC CAN BRING INTO OUR LIVES.

5.Is Shakespeare overrated, or is he truly the western world’s greatest writer? I THINK HE IS GREAT!

This is my first time participating in this challenge and I have enjoyed it. If you would like to give it a try go to  http://www.friday5.org/

I wish you a very happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thank you in advance for your comments, they make my day!