Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday Sketches

I cannot recall exactly when it was that I started to believe I could not draw... ever since I can remember I have heard myself say so... And then this year, subtly, I started to entertain the idea that maybe I could teach myself how to do rough drawings, nothing too fancy... Where or why did this notion pop in my head? I do not know and have not tried to find out the reason, I am just letting myself enjoy the ride and find my style... I knew I was serious about starting to draw/sketch when over a month ago I got myself a notebook specifically for my drawings...
Even though I've been sketching for a while in my notebook, this is the first time I am actually sharing one of my sketches with the (blogging) world... I tend to draw whimsical faces, shapes, figures as I find them more forgiving and since I have issues with simetry :) I favor drawing half faces, the back of heads and such...

I think I will name her "Timida", which means shy in Spanish as that is how I feel about my drawings/sketches... However, in a way it's liberating to finally share my "artsy" attempts :)
Thank you for stopping by and have a great week~

10 comments:

  1. She is sweet, she is timid maybe only until she gets to know you. I often take half shots of faces or one foot or part of a head as many do but have not thought of morphing that to drawing too! Her hair is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarita,

    I love your sketch. It is darling! So sorry for the delay in getting this week's post up. I've added your link/sketch to this week's post so peeps will come visit you!

    Welcome!!! I'm so happy to have you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely, I like the shape of her eye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your art with all of us. Always fun to see other sketches and Timida is quite lovely! Buen Trabajo!

    Smiles and welcome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Good for you! Thanks for sharing it with us! I love when people go outside of their comfort zone...it's very inspiring. Timida is LOVELY!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is fun to read about your journey with art. I also just started drawing this year. A friend gave me two lessons on how to draw a face with guidelines, shading and blending. i was amazed at how a face would appear! Now I am taking one of Suzi Blu's on line classes, it is really helping. It will be fun to see your drawings as you go along. Welcome to SS. Your drawing is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you decided to share your drawings because this one is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you did a wonderful job and the name is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is very lovely, thanks for sharing her with us. I look forward to seeing more of your work as you follow along on your "drawing" journey.

    ReplyDelete

I thank you in advance for your comments, they make my day!