Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sunday Scribblings #219 - Superhero (ine)

There are superheroes all around us - in my opinion - we just need to stop and take a look, really see what others are doing on a dialy basis to make a difference in someone's life...
All those mothers who in one way or another sacrifice one thing or (many) another in order to provide for her child/ren...
What about those gentle souls who volunteer at retirement centers, youth camps, etc? I've never thank them, have you?
According to popular belief a superhero/ine does something for someone and then is acclaimed by the whole wide world, however, the REAL superheroes I know are not even acknowledged... most of the time.
Wouldn't be great to take the time and thank a teacher, doctor, nurse, volunteer, mother, father, sibling - whoever might be the superhero/ine in your life, we all have one! Think about it and act on it...

8 comments:

  1. I was a teacher and I AM a volunteer but I'm utterly selfish! Teaching fed my ego and volunteering (as an entertainer) still feeds it! Not all people who appear worthy are nice! I can vouch for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are indeed countless thousands of unsung heroes. You are so right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think of mum she's a real super hero.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its true, im married and related to superheros :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all have heroes, but super-heroes are special indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very nice and I like the fact that you mention all of these people because all can truly inspirational!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very true. We all meet many heroes in our journey of life. But many of them are taken for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great encouragement. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you in advance for your comments, they make my day!