Thursday, June 3, 2010

Writer's Workshop

Today I am participating in the above mentioned assignment over at http://www.mamakatslosinit.com/ and the subject I am choosing is the following: “What did you once lose? and I am to write about my search to find it again... here I go...

Creativity seem to be an eluvise being in my life. More often than I care to admit I seem to be rather uninspired, at a dead end, not knowing which way to turn - IF there is a turn...
There have been times when I've searched and looked for my inspiration so I can feel creative again, other times I've just waited for my muse to come back from wherever it is that is goes to hide...
It seems there might be a link between my emotions and my creativity or lack of... I never know what will work each time it happens. Someone elses photo, project, creation might become the spark I need to get started; other times nature inspires me to either pick up where I left or start anew...
At times I've just been idle for a period of time and then, all of a sudden inspiration strikes again and I am off! There have been times when having agreed to make something for someone acts as pressure and I have no other option but to finish whatever project I might have taken on... on those ocasions the journey is no where as enjoyable as when I am not working under pressure...
I am also known for starting something at the eleventh hour just because inspiration happens to hit at that time :)
There is nothing like being elated about a subject/project/medium/creation! When pure enjoyment of the project at hand is what matters... It is in those ocasions when the end result is always pleasing to ME!
Regardless of how often I lose my muse, how long it takes to get my inspiration back, I know deep down that it will return, it will come back to me... sometimes at full force, other more subtle, however, I always rejoice at having it back in any shape or form!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad I read this! My creativity comes in waves... when it hits, I am on fire! When it is low tide, I feel like a loser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have inspiration ADD. I am inspired by everything but don't usually follow through. Coming from Mama Kats.

    ReplyDelete

I thank you in advance for your comments, they make my day!