Thursday, August 1, 2013

Share the Joy! - A day at the beach

The Princess had been begging me to take her and Vanya - our Belgian Malinois - to the beach, and today was the day and here they are getting in the ocean.


But surprise, surprise: Vanya did not like being in the ocean, so she made a fast turnaround - she does not seem to be a beach girl like us after all!


Here they are - safely back on the beach - Vanya not quite believing the Princess' promises that there would be no more swimming for her :) 


And here is Vanya, looking dishevel and full of sand after drying herself as fast as she could!


We had a fantastic afternoon regardless of Vanya's newly discovered ocean phobia. For us it was a joyful day full of great memories! What about you? What gives you joy? Care to share it with us or view other joyful post? Visit Love, Meri and join to joyful crowd :)



2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I thought all dogs were swimmers, since I grew up with a Lab who loved to swim. But I have to admit that I never took my Bichon Frise swimming. She was so timid, I think she would have trembled if I'd made her go into the water. She loved walking on the sand at the ocean, however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara,
    Hope you're travelling well and 2013 has been good to you so far. What beautiful photos! (The one of the "tiny" Mexian spider made me shudder, though!)
    I'm just popping in to let you know about a little #reverb-like blog challenge my friend Meredith and I are offering from August 21 to 31. It's called August Moon and it looks all set to be magic!
    We'd be so excited if you joined us. You can find out more here: http://www.katmcnally.com/p/august-moon-13.html
    Take care,
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

I thank you in advance for your comments, they make my day!